What would you say was your biggest win of the challenge?
My biggest win was seeing how keeping consistent on a few things really made an impact. You don’t have to be perfect the odd late night, mince pies here and there won’t derail you if you are keeping tabs of the main points in this challenge.
What physical changes if any did you notice?
I lost weight over Christmas without restricting. I had more energy and less headaches, hit some PRs working out too.
Why did you sign up to the challenge?
So I didn’t start January on the back foot trying to catch up in prep for the open in February.
What skills did the challenge help you develop that you will use in the future to tackle your health and fitness goals?
The biggest thing I learnt was the power of Daily Gratitude, there were sometimes I really didn’t want to do this, but seeing the group post theirs helped and it really broke my cycle of when I get stressed or in a negative mindset. I have a habit of not acknowledging this then end up neglecting all the practices that are good for me. (800g, sleep,protein, exercise) this really made me stop and reflect and keep me on track.
So some key take away points ;
- Practicing gratitude is a behaviour change programme that really does work.
- You can lose weight even during December without having to restrict as long as you have some focus elsewhere.
- Success in January takes planning in December.
- Working with small groups and coaches is the most effective thing you can do.
- Consistency on imperfect things makes more progress than perfect days that are inconsistent.
If you would struggle with your mindset, losing weight or exercising regularly, we can help you.
We help busy adults lose weight, gain strength and confidence, build muscle and ultimately help them to love their body and mind so they can thrive in life.
BOOK A NO SWEAT INTRO (TOP RIGHT)